information for services
The Melbourne Art Therapy Studio is committed to providing high quality Art Therapy for groups and individuals through mental health and allied services, catering to the specific needs of the group or individual.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
INTRODUCTION TO ART THERAPY FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
InService introductory workshops for your team from 2 hours to 3 days...
At the Abbotsford Convent or at your premises
Previous clients include:
South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault | North Yarra Community Health | Services to Youth Council (South Australia) | The Reach Program | Hanover | Outdoors Inc | The Oak House | Wesley Mission Victoria | Lifeline | South West Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service | Department of Education | Berry Street, Take Two | Family Access Network | RMIT Compass | Launch Housing |
"Thanks to you for putting together two full days of 'Art as Therapy' for our small group.
The experience was wonderful, and we departed with many creative thoughts running around in our minds.
Thanks for being so patient, and for bringing out the unique inner self that is hiding within each of us.
Also, the Focusing workshop was relaxing and calming yet revealing. Another wonderful experience."
Kathleen, South West Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service"
"...you were wonderful to work with, very flexible and inclusive. The day itself was a great success. ...overwhelmingly very positive feedback.." Take"
Two - Berry Street, professional workshop & team building for 70 people, May 2013
LET THE MELBOURNE ART THERAPY STUDIO FACILITATE A GROUP OR WORKSHOP FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
Call or email for more information and a prompt quote. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Melbourne Art Therapy Studio has facilitated groups or individual sessions for clients of:
Melbourne Citymission | Brotherhood of St Laurence | Schools Focused Youth Services | Parent Support Network | Mind Australia | Wombat Housing | Salvation Army | Open Place | North Yarra Community Health | Hope Street Youth & Family Services | Odyssey House | MARP | YMCA | City of Melbourne | Moreland Hall | Victoria Manor Aged Care | Blue Cross Yarralea | Grace Gardens Aged Care | Aurrum Aged Care Services | Moonee Valley City Council | Uniting Care | Feros Care | Milparinka | Sacred Heart Mission | Buxton Primary School | MacRobertson Girls' High School | Mooroolbark College | Abbotsford Primary School | Meadows Primary School | Narre Community Learning Centre | Singapore Naval Base School | Slow to Recover | Brainlink | Eastern Palliative Care | Banksia Palliative Care | BreaCan | Finding MY Place |
ART THERAPY SUPERVISION
AVAILABLE TO ART THERAPISTS, COUNSELLORS, PSYCHOTHERAPISTS, PSYCHOLOGISTS AND OTHER HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR SERVICES REFERRING CLIENTS TO THE MELBOURNE ART THERAPY STUDIO
ART THERAPY REFERRALS:
• Art Therapy is a psychotherapeutic form of therapy that uses art processes to support an individual’s working through personal emotional, psychological or other issues, affecting their mental health.
• Clients can be referred specifically for Art Therapy services and can also attend the open studio when not engaged in individual or group art therapy sessions if appropriate. An Art Therapist may be involved in consultation with the client’s case-manager.
• Please help us by identifying which personal issues Art Therapy could address with the client. This may include details of the client’s personal concerns, strengths and any psychological precautions, along with any history of current or previous therapy if known.
• Preference for individual and/or group art therapy should be noted. Please feel free to call The Melbourne Art Therapy Studio to receive further information re the Art Therapy programs on offer.
• Please complete a referral form on line. We will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours of submission.
ROBYN DEVRIES (AThR) IS A REGISTERED NDIS PROVIDER
• Clients must be able to function safely within an open social setting, which is semi-unstructured, with other people. They must also be able to handle equipment and other materials safely, with minimal supervision.
• Clients should be independent in their self-care. Clients dependent upon assistance with self-care or mobility must be accompanied by a worker if enrolled in an Art Therapy group.
• Clients need no formal art experience.
Ask us what we can do for your clients